Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Basic thoughts of Diorblush Cannage Edition 002 coral

I will start this post saying that I couldn't resist buying this new release from Dior when I was in SaksFifthAvenue  New York this past weekend. I mean I have a problem with blushes (but we all know that the first step to getting over problems is to accept that we have them)
The product contains 10gr, enough for a life time of coral colored checks, but the pan itself is super heavy giving this blush more than the extra weight that distinguishes it among high-end makeup products. I think in fact this may be the heaviest blush I own.




The blush comes with the classic Dior navy velvet pouch, that I usually end up putting away because of laziness, to keep the compacts organized and finger prints free.
It also comes with a mini kabuki brush that I don`t use either because I like a bigger fluffier brush for blush application.



The cannage design is stunning, I almost feel sorry to swatch it. No really.


The texture is soft, a little powdery but nothing offensive. I think it's the typical Dior blush texture.
There are three different shades in the pan: a light warm pink, a bright coral, and medium cool tone pink, but when you swirl the brush around the compact you get a nice mid-tone coral perfect for the warmer months.


I did some swatches that may give you an idea of how this blush performs on the skin. for the record my skin tone is NC25/NC30.


Have you tried this? Do you like it?
best,
Silvia



No comments:

Post a Comment

say it here!